Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Work Day

This is how we looked as we embarked on our service project for "Life on Loan". We were sad that Fay and Lee could not join us. Also absent from the picture are Ray and Pat who graciously started a new group for "Life on Loan".
This is our whole work day group at South Roberts Methodist Church where we prepared sack lunches for the homeless of downtown Indy. We prepared 400 bags...ready for sandwiches. Dan from our group spent the time organizing their stock room...I'm sure that was a blessing to them. It was amazing how everyone worked so well together. The kids were a great help too! We couldn't have done it without them! A happy note: Steven Quinn was a part of our group...he is a famous singer to me...he sings at church and at Colts games and at concerts....
he sang a bit for us. Steve and I did a duet of Dottie Rambo's "I go to the rock" It was a moment of greatness for me!!!!!! I couldn't believe he knew that song!!!!

No comments: