1. Live a life of love. (Eph. 5:12)
" Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are His dear children. Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave Himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to Him.
2. Don't give in to temptation to gossip or grumble. Look for a way out of conversations that are going downward. (1Cor. 10:12-13)
"If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."
3. Be a good example. (1 Tim. 4:12b)
"Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity."
4. Think the right kind of thoughts. (Phil. 4: 8)
" And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."
5. God is with me....always. Matt. 28:20b
"...and be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
I am so thankful for God's word! Wow! So practical...time for me to put it into practice.