Monday, April 6, 2009

One of the things I do.....


The monday after we have communion it is my job to clean up. The first time I did it I was trying to hurry through and I was very nervous that it seemed to take me a long time. The next time it went alot faster and better. Today was the third time and it was actually a joy. I tried to focus on Jesus and things about taking communion. I thought about things and words that have to do with taking communion. "This do in remembrance of me." Body the Bread, Blood the Cup. Drink ye all of it. The body of Christ broken for you. The blood of Christ shed for you. Do not partake in an unworthy manner.
As I stood at the sink and poured out the little glasses of juice I thought of all the times I drank the cup in an unworthy manner when my mind was elsewhere. It was just like pouring the wine down the sink. This is a special week, the week before Easter. A good time to think about these things. The body of Christ broken for me...take and eat...take and drink...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

This really struck me . . . What a good word picture!

"As I stood at the sink and poured out the little glasses of juice I thought of all the times I drank the cup in an unworthy manner when my mind was elsewhere. It was just like pouring the wine down the sink."

Thanks! You bless me.

Donna's Book Nook said...

Thanks Lynn! What a great reminder to focus on the Lord this week and what He did for us. Donna