Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When morning gilds the skies, my heart awakened cries:
May Jesus Christ be praised!
Alike at work and prayer, to Jesus I repair:
May Jesus Christ be praised!

Does sadness fill my mind? A solace there I find:
May Jesus Christ be praised!
Or fades my worldly bliss, my comfort still is this:
May Jesus Christ be praised!

In heaven's eternal bliss, the loveliest strain is this:
May Jesus Christ be praised!
The powers of darkness fear, when this sweet chant they hear:
May Jesus Christ be praised!

Be this while life is mine, my canticle divine:
May Jesus Christ be praised!
Be this the eternal song, through all the ages long:
May Jesus Christ be praised!

When I was driving to work last week this song came to my mind. I can't tell you how long it had been since I had heard it.

"At like at work and prayer to Jesus I repair".......do I come to Jesus the same way when I approach my work as I do when I come to Him in prayer. And what about those times when a sadness comes over me that I can't explain or my worldly bliss just isn't very blissful...."a solace there I find"

May Jesus Christ be praised!









2 comments:

Donna's Book Nook said...

I really like this song! I haven't thought about it or heard it in a long time. A great one for anything we're going through.

I love the picture! Did you take it?

Lynn said...

Yes, I took the picture as I was walking in the back door of church, going to work. I wish it didn't have snow on it!