Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Providential Partnership

My quiet time today was amazing...as usual! Most of what I'm going to write is totally the words and work of Joe Stowell. He was commenting on Ruth 2:3,8

So Ruth set out and went and gleaned in the field after the reapers, and she happened to come to the part of the field belonging to Boaz, who was of the clan of Elimelech...Then Boaz said to Ruth, "Now, listen, my daughter, do not go to glean in another field or leave this one, but keep close to my young women."

The story of Ruth and Boaz is a great example of how God uses people to accomplish His plan. Notice that we don't read that God used Boaz to rescue Ruth and Naomi from their plight.
It's not spelled out for us quite like that, and it certainly wasn't obvious to them at the time, but we know the end of the story. We can see God's hidden hand was working behind the scenes in Boaz's choice to help Ruth in her time of need. God used Boaz in a providential partnership that would fulfill His plan...

We can't expect to be aware of our involvement in the providence of God. But I can be sure
that He's at work in my life even when I'm not aware of it. He wants me to partner with Him to live by His Will and His Way to good and glorious ends! Open my eyes to see Your work, and give me a ready heart to ask, "What can I do to help?"

No comments: