Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A visit to Mom and Dad's







I just returned from a short visit to Mom and Dad's. We had a wonderful time! My pictures are not the best. I wanted to take a picture of the vegetable garden. Notice mom's hosta pot! Her's looks alot better than mine.
One of the best parts of going down to mom and dad's is our morning bible reading and prayer time. They are reading through the Bible together in a year. This is the third year in a row that they have done it. We were reading in II Kings, it was very interesting. It goes right along with our Daniel Bible study we are doing in small group. I know if I would spend more time reading the Bible, its time lines would get clearer to me. It is so wonderful to have prayer time with mom and dad. I am so blessed! They are such a good example to me. I feel like I have been on a retreat!
"Listen my child, to what your father teaches you. Don't neglect your mother's teaching. What you learn from them will crown you with grace and clothe you with honor."
Proverbs 1:8-9



No comments: