Friday, September 19, 2008

Brown Bag Apple Pie

Toss 4 cups of Granny Smith or other pie apples with fresh lemon juice. Prepare single crust in glass or ceramic pie pan. Arrange apples on crust.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tbls. flour and spices. Mix and sprinkle over apples. Next combine 1/2 sugar and 1/2 cup flour and cut in 1/2 cup butter to make a coarse crumble.
Sprinkle over apples.

Put into brown bag and secure with paper clips. Bake 1 Hour @ 425 degree oven.


Be careful when you open the bag....especially if you are talking to your sister on the phone when your doing it!

I am so happy!! It is beautiful and easy....hope our small group will like it!!! Here's the complete recipe....
Brown Paper Bag Apple Pie
1 unbaked 9" piecrust pierced with a fork
4 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and cored
2 TBLSP. fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 TBLSP. flour
1/4 teas. nutmeg
1/4 teas. cinnamon
1/2 cup chilled butter.
Note: Place one extra shelf away from heating element. Make sure paper bag has no ink or paint on it. Use metal paper clips to close bag. I thought the bag smelled funny at the beginning, but it was OK.
Recipe from a "Cabin" magazine I saw at the hair salon....Great Clips!!!!!





2 comments:

Your sis said...

I wish there would be a piece left for me! The pie is beautiful. You are the best! L

Edible Nutrition said...

I was scrambling on Thanksgiving Day to recall this recipe! So thrilled I found this! In a move I misplaced my treasured recipe for this pie. Many thanks!