Monday, October 13, 2008

Visitors from Alaska.......

It was great to have Tim and Nancy down from Alaska! They brought Dad Rupp from Fort Wayne with them,too!

Here are the guys after their morning walk with Charlie. Dad and I had a bit of time to discuss Proverbs 8. It's so neat to talk to Dad about the Bible. He confirmed my thoughts about "Wisdom" in this chapter is talking about "Jesus". I just love to hear him talk about the Bible. At 89, he is so sharp on God's word! The men headed off to the Eiteljorg Museum for the day. They had a great time, and also had lunch at the Museum...(It is a museum of the American Indian and the West.) I can just imagine them reading every plaque! I usually just like to get the visual, and not read everything! Nancy and I had our own happy day planned......
Nancy and I went to Quilts Plus, the #1 voted quilt shop in Indy. Then we went to Zionsville for some shopping in cute shops. We ended our time at the Sweet Shop in Carmel having a red velvet cupcake and coffee. (Cupcakes there are baked by Rhianna that works part time at Pottery Barn!) Nancy has taken up quilting...it is great to hear her talk about all her projects. She is donating her latest quilt to a homeless shelter type place in Anchorage. Nancy is very inspiring...she is now the "shopper" for a food pantry in Eagle River. She is involved in ministering to women at her church, too. Thanks for the inspiration, Nancy....reminds me of a Life on Loan!

1 comment:

Pink Slippers said...

Your sign is such a CUTE and GREAT idea. I REALLY love the idea. Can I copy it????
:)
Wendy